Another Christmas craft with styrofoam balls- a cute craft that your kids can be creative with, so let them think about the snowman / snowwoman’s accessories. You may add a crown, cowboy hat, baseball bat, or anything else you like to personalize your snowperson. It’s great to do this Christmas craft with your family- let each of you make own snowperson and use them all as Christmas decorations!
- Two styrofoam balls
- Styrofoam or plastic cup
- Orange and black construction paper
- Two googly eyes
- Five small buttons
- Fwo large buttons
- Green and red felt
- Scissors, glue, tape
- Popsicle stick or wooden dowel
- Serrated knife
- Brown pipe cleaner
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Paint the cup black. Set aside to dry. Use the serrated knife and cut a small piece off of one of the styrofoam balls- this will be the bottom ball.
- Take half a wooden dowel and insert its one end into the styrofoam bottom ball- the other end insert into the top ball to stack them.
- Cut out of the green felt a long strip and wrap around the two styrofoam balls just like a scarf, cut slits into its ends, glue into place.
- Cut in half the pipe cleaner, insert each half on opposite sides of the bottom ball.
- Cut out gloves of the red felt, tape onto pipe cleaners’ ends.
- Glue the large buttons onto bottom ball. Glue the googly eyes onto top ball.
- Cut out a triangle of the orange construction paper, glue under the eyes. Glue the small buttons in a smile under the orange nose.
- Cut out a circle of black construction paper and a small piece of the center of circle- this one should be smaller than the opening of cup. Adhere the painted cup with tape to the construction paper circle.
- Glue the hat of the snowman.